Advantages And Disadvantages Of Online Dating
Are you interested in online dating, but you’re unsure of its pros and cons?
Check if any of the following statements apply to you:
- You have trouble getting women to feel attracted to you
- You’ve had little to no success in the dating game so far
- The thought of approaching women you’ve never met before makes you uncomfortable
- You’re afraid of getting rejected
- You’re worried others will see you as a “loser” in dating – so you don’t even try
If you can relate to any of the statements above, then it’s understandable why you want to try online dating.
It’s alluring because on the Internet:
- Women can “match” with you if they find you attractive, instead of you having to make the first move all the time
- It’s accessible and (in most cases) free
- No need to go out there and meet women – you can do that with your phone
- Lots of hot women online
Unfortunately, online dating has some disadvantages, too. Chances are your success rate with women will be EVEN WORSE than your success rate in real life.
So if you want to meet more women, this Shogun Method guide will show you why online dating may NOT be the best way.
Table of Contents
- 1 Advantages And Disadvantages Of Online Dating
- 2 Why There Are More Cons Than Pros To Online Dating
- 3 A Better Way To Make Women Like You
- 4 So Should You Still Meet Women Online?
Why There Are More Cons Than Pros To Online Dating
Let’s use the online dating app Tinder as our example. It’s the biggest, most accessible online dating platform today, and the ladies there tend to be hotter.
What are the disadvantages of trying to meet women on a platform like Tinder?
Let’s answer that question with an experiment.
The First Disadvantage
Imagine yourself being in your living room with four other guys you know. These guys could be your friends, co-workers, or even strangers you met recently.
Imagine the five of you in the room right now.
Here’s the question: Among the five of you, are YOU the best-looking guy in the bunch?
If you’re not, then you’re in trouble… because online, looks are everything.
On Tinder in particular, the best-looking 20% of guys tend to get the attention of 80% of the women there.
Meanwhile, the other 80% of guys tend to compete for the remaining 20% of women.
That means if you and the other four guys in your living room decided to go on Tinder…
…the best-looking one among you will get about 16 times more matches than the others.
So if you’re among the top 20% – then online dating will be good for you.
But if you’re NOT… then online dating will be a nightmare.
And guess what – it gets worse.
The Second Disadvantage
Another problem with online dating is how it makes you look to women.
If you’re on Tinder, then it’s easy for women to assume that you DON’T approach women in real life.
In other words… if you’re NOT among the top 20% best-looking guys on Tinder, women will tend to assume you’re a loser.
Of course, that’s not automatically true. But the truth doesn’t matter on Tinder.
On Tinder, all that matters is what women think of your photo and description. And if you’re not among the most attractive 20%, they’ll swipe left.
And here’s the kicker…
The Third Disadvantage
Lastly, your lack of success in online dating can falsely send you into a downward spiral. After trying it for several months with little to no success, you might conclude:
“Well, maybe I AM a loser.”
Or… “I guess no woman will ever love me.”
But here’s the truth…
If you’re not having much success in online dating, it’s only because you don’t belong to the most attractive 20% of men. The vast majority of men don’t.
And so online dating tends to give you a false “score” of your attractiveness to women.
In reality, a LOT of the women who “swipe left” on you online would absolutely LOVE you if they met you in real life.
So what do I recommend?
A Better Way To Make Women Like You
Online dating can be a “crutch” for your love life. But unless you “strengthen your legs,” so to speak, your success with women will always be limited.
The worst case is that you’ll remain single and lonely for the rest of your life.
Or you’ll settle for a woman who’s much less than your ideal because there’s no one else.
Don’t trap yourself like that. You MUST strengthen your legs.
And that’s where some bad news and good news come in.
First, the bad news. The fastest way to strengthen your legs, growth- and results-wise, is to approach women in real life.
The good news? You don’t even need to “hit on” women. All you need is to know how to carry an easy, harmless conversation.
Your Own Unique Brand Of Chitchat
The great thing about conversation is that ANYONE can do it.
- You don’t need to talk about anything in particular
- It’s small talk. It’s chitchat. If it’s under the sun, it’s good to talk about.
- As long as you don’t keep a chat going for longer than 1-2 minutes, you won’t be annoying anyone.
There’s just one little twist. You’re not going to engage women in ordinary, regular, “Hi goodbye” conversations.
Instead, you’ll be subtly putting them on emotional rollercoasters.
Your conversations will give women emotional highs and lows in quick succession. And you do it in a way they won’t notice.
Here are some examples of subtle “emotional rollercoaster” conversations:
- You tell her a fun experience you had with a friend. Then you tell her you’ve been missing that friend ever since they passed away.
- You talk about topics that make her excited. Then you switch to a topic that annoys or angers her, then switch back to exciting topics again… over and over.
- You talk about a non-romantic topic. Then you make a vaguely romantic or sexual comment (preferably involving you and her). Then you switch back to a harmless topic again. Rinse and repeat.
Why Women Love Emotional Thrill Rides
What do these emotional thrill rides do?
Simple – it makes her feel emotionally addicted to you. No one else makes her feel the way you do.
Most of the other guys in her life do one of three things:
- Put her on sustained emotional highs, which makes her take them for granted
- Put her on sustained emotional lows, which makes her hate or avoid them
- Give her neither emotional high nor emotional lows, which bores her to death
But you: You put her on emotional rollercoasters. And it’s the most addicting experience she’ll ever share with a guy.
And the more she gets addicted to you, the more easily you’ll move from become “more than friends” with her.
In fact, she might even move your relationship forward all by herself. And it’s all because you’re such an awesome guy she’d be crazy to miss out on.
So Should You Still Meet Women Online?
If you’re a good-looking guy – then by all means, meet women online.
Just remember – even then, you’ll need to know how to hold a good conversation. Otherwise, you’ll bore or annoy most of the women who swipe right on you.
And if you’re NOT among the most attractive 20% of men, then online dating is a massive waste of time.
My advice? No matter who you are and what you want to do, you MUST learn how to put women on emotional rollercoasters.
Why waste time online when you have the skills to hook ANY woman you want, anytime you want, anywhere you want?
So again: Master giving women emotional highs and lows in the space of a single conversation. And you can do that right now by signing up for my Online Masterclass on Mind Control.
To check out the Masterclass, click below now:
(NOTE: Please use your best e-mail address when signing up. That’s where I’ll send your Invite Ticket as soon as you qualify for the Masterclass.)
Remember: Online dating is a crutch for your love life.
It MIGHT help you, but only if you’re very attractive.
Otherwise, it’s a colossal waste of time.
A better alternative is to learn how to make women feel ADDICTED to you. And you’ll do it with nothing more than the conversations you have with her.
That’s a skill that will make women love you BOTH online and in the real world.
My advice: Start building that skill today. Here’s the link to my Masterclass again.
P.S: Have you ever tried online dating? How well (or how badly) did it go? Share your stories in the comments section below.